Delivery of the bundle to the mediator
Remember, not everyone works in the same way, or even works out of a staffed office. Help yourself and the mediator by doing your best to comply with our requests and instructions.
We ask that the bundle be delivered at least a week in advance of the mediation
- This gives the mediator a chance to prepare when he or she has the time to do so.
- Do not assume that the bundle's arrival " before the mediation" will be sufficient.
- Mediators are likely to have other work and cannot necessarily fully prepare if your bundle is late
- The mediation will be more efficient if you allow the mediator to prepare fully.
- Check where the bundle is to be delivered:
- Sending it to Consensus Mediation is not always the best option given how busy our mediators are.
- We will let you know the most efficient arrangements for getting the bundle to the mediator.
- Make sure whoever is responsible for sending the bundle knows this!
- Please don't require a signature upon delivery unless it is absolutely essential
- The mediator may miss the delivery, particularly if it is at a time later than agreed
- The mediator will be inconvenienced if he or she has to collect it from the delivery depot or await redelivery
- It may be too late for the bundle to be read by the mediator if delivery is delayed
- Beware of the tendency for lever arch files to be damaged in transit: there is little more vexing than having to replace the folder because the mechanism has bent.
- Use appropriate protective packaging
- Ask if it may be emailed instead
If you are uncertain about anything at all, please ask us before sending the bundle out: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0844 561 1763